Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Eldin Halloween Festival 2019  

RSS

cerberus402
(@cerberus402)
Member Admin
October 30, 2019 4:50 pm  

It's time for the festival grounds to rotate to the next season! The halloween festival is now live on eldin!

The festival grounds can be found east of spawn on a network of islands. All you have to do to get there is head to the quarry and follow the road east across the bridge!

The festival features 8 activities / games, most with their own prize tokens! Prize tokens can be exchanged on Vendor Island for some sought after loot!

Below I'll list some information about each game / activity:

__Building Contest

All you have to do to get yourself a building plot is to ask Zephyna or Myself! The build contest will be Halloween themed, looking forward to all the spooky builds 🙂 On each build plot is a chest of goodies you can use to build, but you can use what ever material you want! The chest is for players who may not have materials but still want to participate in building! 

Near the end of the festival the builds will be judged by server staff and rewards will be given out!

• 1st Place: 40,000 trade bars
  • 2nd Place: 30,000 trade bars
  • 3rd Place: 15,000 trade bars

__Hedge Maze

Come get lost in the three part maze! Hidden secrets and mysteries await you in the maze. Completing the maze awards 1 Hedge Token that can be used at the Maze vendor on vendor island.

The Hedge Maze has not received any changes. 

__Mob Arena

The festival features its very own themed mob arena! This mob arena is different than all the others, an upon completion of wave 10, and 20 (the boss waves) it will give out a Mob Arena Token that can be used at the Mob Arena Vendor on vendor island!

To join either talk to the npc out front or do:

• /ma join Festival

To leave the mob arena once you have joined:

• /ma leave

I have removed some of the spawn points of the mob arena to make it (hopefully) far easier to do! 

__Spleef Arena

Eldin welcomes back the Spleef minigame! Challenge your friends to a game of block breaking and hilarity! 

To join either talk to the npc out front or do:

• /spleef join Festival

__Tavern

We understand that the festival is a big area, and all that running around can leave an Eldinite hungry. Enter the Tavern and get your hunger regenerated for free!

There is also a public ender chest you can use in the lobby!

__Bat Hunt

In keeping with the festivities, the Rabbit Hunt has been removed and a new cave system has been added that is home to bats!  Kill them and they have a chance to drop a Bat Token which can be exchanged for a new item on vendor island!

__PvP Arena

Be careful! PvP is enabled on the sands! 

__Archery

Want to put your archery skills to the test? Bring a bow and bring some arrows, you'll need em! The archery range will give out an Archery Token only once all 9 targets are lit up at the same time (shoot the buttons on the targets)!

The archery challenge has not received any changes.

__High Jump

Don't worry, you won't die 😉 Fall from high in the sky and try to land within the holes in the ground! The smaller the hole the more Tokens you get! The break down of tokens is below:

• 1 token
  • 2 tokens
  • 4 tokens
  • 6 tokens
  • 10 tokens

The high jump has not received any changes.

__Vendor Island

For Halloween I wanted to add in a bunch of new items. Festival items should be fun, while also being useful! So for this festival I decided that every item you can trade in tokens for is unique and unobtainable any other way. I made 5 new items, one for each of the reward vendors.

Lets go ahead and start with something not too crazy..

• The hedge mazes new top reward is a spawn egg for your very own undead steed. Tired of skeleton horses? Grab yourself one of these Zombie horses!

• Transform yourself into a zombie for a small amount of time with the Wriggling Flesh from the Highjump vendor! Eat this rotten flesh and play tricks on your friends!

• Tired of boring old pet dogs? Well with the Eye of Arachne from the mob arena vendor you can have your very own pet spider! You can rename the spider, and it behaves exactly the same as a pet dog! (10 Hearts, 2.5 damage)

• This famous grimoire from the Bat Hunt vendor will allow you to teleport medium distances in the direction you are looking. Careful not to get stuck in anything!

• Welcome Eldin's first, brand-new, never-before-seen enchantment! What does Venomous do? What can I put it on? Venomous is a new enchantment for bows! It cannot be put on a bow with flame. The effect of Venomous is powerful! When hit by this bow it will apply a slow effect AND a wither effect for 5 seconds. 

On behalf of all the server staff we hope you have a ton of fun with the festival 🙂 

Share: