[Sticky] Eldin's next map, the 17th Age
Hey everyone, I promised i'd give out a date here this weekend and I think I've settled on one.
The new map will be live December 27th, 2019
I have a couple reasons for doing this:
- If it was before Christmas, I / the staff would be around for a couple days and then be on vacation with our families. I'm sure many of you will be on vacation around Christmas as well
- It will give me a sufficient amount of time after Christmas to handle money refunds before the new map goes live
- It will give a sufficient amount of time before / after Christmas to make sure people sell all their valuables
This date might not work for everyone, and I'm sorry if it doesn't but its such a big date I doubt we could find a time that works for all of you. Nevertheless I hope to see all of you in the first few weeks of the new map and I hope it lives up to previous Eldin standards.
An important distinction, there will be little to no downtime between this map and the next. We aren't going to spend a month going through previous maps and such like that. If all goes smoothly there should be extremely minimal downtime. I will save the current map, upload the new map, generate out the dynmap, and then it will be live.
Dates to take note of:
- New map: December 27th, 2019
- Shops Closures: December 20th, 2019
- Possible whitelist: December 25th/26th
Make sure you sell everything by the 20th, I will be shutting down the shops and pulling economy records so I can refund everyone the next map. There could be a possible temporary whitelist added on the 25th or 26th, to allow dynmap to generate the map out to the border for minimal lag when exploring.
Very happy about the little to no downtime!
The date sounds perfect in my opinion, and having the map being later is better than the staff not being done.
When will it officially be up? I saw someone was online last night, but it keeps saying that I am not whitelisted and to check the forums.
I am not yet whitelisted. I have searched "the forums" and find no whitelist instructions.
Thanks in advance,
There could be a possible temporary whitelist added on the 25th or 26th, to allow dynmap to generate the map out to the border for minimal lag when exploring.
Literally in the post