[Sticky] Eldin's next map, the 17th Age
Hey everyone, I promised i'd give out a date here this weekend and I think I've settled on one.
The new map will be live December 27th, 2019
I have a couple reasons for doing this:
- If it was before Christmas, I / the staff would be around for a couple days and then be on vacation with our families. I'm sure many of you will be on vacation around Christmas as well
- It will give me a sufficient amount of time after Christmas to handle money refunds before the new map goes live
- It will give a sufficient amount of time before / after Christmas to make sure people sell all their valuables
This date might not work for everyone, and I'm sorry if it doesn't but its such a big date I doubt we could find a time that works for all of you. Nevertheless I hope to see all of you in the first few weeks of the new map and I hope it lives up to previous Eldin standards.
An important distinction, there will be little to no downtime between this map and the next. We aren't going to spend a month going through previous maps and such like that. If all goes smoothly there should be extremely minimal downtime. I will save the current map, upload the new map, generate out the dynmap, and then it will be live.
Dates to take note of:
- New map: December 27th, 2019
- Shops Closures: December 20th, 2019
- Possible whitelist: December 25th/26th
Make sure you sell everything by the 20th, I will be shutting down the shops and pulling economy records so I can refund everyone the next map. There could be a possible temporary whitelist added on the 25th or 26th, to allow dynmap to generate the map out to the border for minimal lag when exploring.