sk8z/sk8r1056 Unban Request

skates
(@skates)
Topic starter  
  • IN GAME NAME(IGN): sk8z
  • ROUGH TIME OF BAN: 2018
  • REASON FOR BEING BANNED: trolling
  • ADMIN YOU WERE BANNED BY (if you know): rabidpig
  • WHY YOU SHOULD BE UNBANNED (why should we let you back)?: I probably should've posted this immediately after it happened but I used it as a reason to take an indefinite break from the server. Me, along with some friends and other longtime players were banned for poking fun in chat occasionally. Although no one was being offensive or speaking with malicious intent (to my knowledge) rabid did not like us or our banter. So, he banned most of us. I believe you should let me back because I've played on this server since the day it was created and I don't believe the reason for my ban is justified.  
This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by skates

cerberus402
(@cerberus402)
Member Admin

Hey man,

I don't remember if it was me or Rabid that banned you, but from what I remember of the time I agreed with it. Thankfully, Brendan is awesome and he has the chat logs from over three years ago that remind us of what was said:

__Chat History

[1938] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> brendan are you an australian 12 y/o
[1943] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> ?
[1947] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Prince] Awesomebrendan king of typos> no
[1950] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> ok good
[1959] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> can you double check
[1903] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> about that
[1913] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> double check what
[1914] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> i think its pretty easy to tell
[1924] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] TheKittenSlayer> phantoms
[1933] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> what about them
[1935] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> he's not 12 if that's what you mean
[1938] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] TheKittenSlayer> they scawry
[1943] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> are you sure
[1947] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] TheKittenSlayer> we're talking about phantoms now
[1947] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> be nice guys
[1949] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> geez
[1956] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> we'd really like it if he was 12
[1958] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> 😉
[1901] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> there was a rumor
[1904] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> i just wanted to ask to be sure
[1913] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Count] __Roz__> why does it matter how old anyone here is?
[1915] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Prince] Awesomebrendan king of typos> i can confirm i am older than 12
[1919] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> it doesnt matter
[1920] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> yea he is
[1921] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> i was just curious
[1922] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> 12 yearolds are fun to play with
[1934] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Count] __Roz__> thats so wrong in so many ways
[1939] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> yea can we not
[1944] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> thats not epic
[1948] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> this is a server for all ages actually
[1904] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> so it doesn't even matter
[1934] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> that's why it's family-friendly.. we have players as young as 8 and older than dirt
[1940] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> i used to be 8
[1942] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> like me
[1950] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] BattleSpawn> i used to be 6
[1955] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Gentry] sk8z> i think i've been playing on this server since i was 10****
[1945] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Baronet] sk8z> what's the livestock limit
[1947] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Baronet] sk8z> in one area
[1952] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Baronet] sk8z> @broadcast
[1905] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[Baronet] sk8z> so these mongs dont do it again
[1905] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <[A][Queen] heartysage311 Love Gang> sk8z watch the offensive names dude

I think it's poetic that Brendan was who you were picking on (before he was staff), and it's Brendan who has the logs of what you actually said.. not what you are telling us in the appeal.

So I'm seeing quite a lot here dude...(I bolded the points I think are relevant) You don't think your ban was justified for using racist slurs and making pedophilia jokes in the chat (pretty sure you and battlespawn are the same group, presumable in voice laughing about it)?

I'm not sure if you just thought we wouldn't remember, or if you think what you did wasn't the highest level of egregious... but your unban appeal is lacking to put it mildly. To be frank, current staff is pretty disgusted  with the chat logs. We do a vote (just so there is no bias) and it was unanimous that we don't want that level of toxic behavior back on the server.

I bring the conversation back to this:
"I believe you should let me back because I've played on this server since the day it was created and I don't believe the reason for my ban is justified. "
... Really? You don't think your ban was justified just on racism alone? If I was Hearty I wouldn't even try to reason with you. Racism is an instant ban on this server, always has been and always will be.

Would you like to rewrite your reasoning? It's awful dude.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 6 times by cerberus402

ReplyQuote
Share: